Sunday, July 19, 2009

Research on Sculptures - Louise Bourgeoise


I think that this sculpture is kind of funny. I mean more that it has humor... when I saw it I smirked right away. Which I like because, I enjoy the humor in all sorts of things. But I really like how the figures are enough life like, and yet seem playful and cartoony. I also like the expressions on the figures faces, I like how they all look so happy. Happy even though this situation seems kind of strange, but I think their expressions give the piece more of a feeling of light heartedness maybe?

I also like that sculpture at the top because it seems kind of unexpected. I like how it's something that usually is pretty tiny, and yet she takes it and makes it strangely large.  I like that it's simple, and unusual... in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment