Sunday, July 19, 2009

Research for Sculpture - Mark Di Suvero


Mark Di Suvero has a very interesting style in my opinion. He uses very straight and sharp edges. I like that he sticks being sharp rather than having different curvy shapes as well.
I like the way that the work catches your eye and really takes you through the whole thing, my eyes really flow over the whole piece rather than just parts.
I think that I like his work because it reminds me of the one art work that is in front of the new addition of the Toledo Art Museum. When I was little I took a lot of art classes there,
and when my mom dropped me off, we always drove by this one sculpture, and I always liked it because it looked like a fancy playground. I don't think that the sculpture I'm thinking of is from Di Suvero,
but it remind me of it. And it's interesting to remember what I thought about it when I was little, to my thoughts on it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment