Monday, July 27, 2009

Research on Artist Portfolios - Eric Kubli


http://digitalarts.bgsu.edu/portfolios/ekubli/index.html

I choose my friend Eric Kubli's web portfolio because after looking at many other portfolios, Eric's really stuck out and grabbed my attention. And when I say it grabbed my attention, I mean that it grabbed my attention in all the right ways. To start out, everything on his site was working properly, all his images opened, everything was organized in an easy way to read and to locate things, and was really nicely done. Finding my way around the site was very easy, where as other sites didn't always work, things didn't always load, and I ended up in weird places and couldn't navigate back.  Also, Eric's site was very visually pleasing as well. It was very simple, but in a good way. It wasn't cluttered or too busy, it was excellently simple and too the point. Like when you hold the mouse over the tabs at the top, the little person on the left, that is a cartoony drawing of Eric, changes into different poses, or into different cloths or props. I just really like the way that he did that because it makes the web portfolio more personalized, and less generic. Over all, I think everything is really great... everything works, he has many examples of his work, he has works from other studio areas, he has a little information about himself and it's not too much, and he has his resume/ his contact information. Everything fits together and nothing seems out of place. I think this is a very successful web portfolio!

(the picture to the left is taken from Eric's web portfolio)


No comments:

Post a Comment