Sunday, July 19, 2009

Research on Sculptures - Alberto Giacometti


The following work from Alberto Giacometti is very unique. I like how the figures are some what simple.
and yet it seems like there is more to them, like some kind of hidden meaning.
I'm not sure why, but I really like how the feet of these figures are kind of attached to
the ground. It makes me think that these figures are trying to go somewhere, and yet
they can't because they are attached, or weighted down by something and
can't go where they want. And for some reason, these figures give me the feeling of aliens
or something. The figures look human, but yet they also seem not that human.
I think I like them more because of the not-human feeling that they have.

1 comment:

  1. √+

    Interesting choices and comments. yes, the piece at the TMA, "blubber" is by Di Suvero. (google it!)

    ReplyDelete