Monday, June 29, 2009

Research for self portrait - Eric Kubli

http://digitalarts.bgsu.edu/portfolios/ekubli/about.html

Eric Kubil is a friend of mine that currently is a Digital Arts major here at BGSU. On his portfolio page through the school's website, he has little drawing of himself. Granted, they aren't really titled anything and they aren't really official self portraits... but they're still little drawing of himself. They are in a cartoon style, but yet they are some what realistic and actually really do look like him very much. Each drawing not only looks like him, but each one tells a little story. He doesn't use a lot of detail, or a lot of colors, but because they are more simple I think that they are stronger on a whole.

Eric manages to use just the cloths, body language, and hand gestures to show his identity. I think each one says something about himself, and the sense of humor that he has about everything.

I really enjoyed looking at these because I think they all really match him. I've known Eric for a couple of years, and each one really does say something about him. I like how he kept things simple and didn't over do them. I like how really felt that these drawings were him... every time I looked at one I really did see him. I think it was very helpful to see his drawings of himself because of this is a perfect example of doing things in your own unique way, instead of classic head shot painting, or something of the like, for a self portrait.

1 comment: